Be kind sunshine 🌞


When I was a freshman in high school I was weird. Not like the good kind of weird that I am now. I mean, awkward and chubby. I had no confidence, something a lot of young girls struggle with. 
The junior and senior hockey guys ruled the school. I would watch them all and I wished that I could be like the girls they had around. One day I noticed a few of them pointing and laughing at me. They would scream M H Geeeeee so loud that I can still hear their voices in my head to this day. I didn't know what it stood for. I thought maybe they liked me and they noticed me so it made me feel good. If you've ever watched the movie Never Been Kissed think of me as Drew Barrymore. 
The days went on, everyday between classes I would hear MHGeeeeee being yelled down the hall in my direction. I blushed and smiled at them as though they were flirting. I laugh at my young naive self now when I think back to it. I eventually found out what it stood for Messy Hair Girl. What the hell??? My hair wasn't even messy, it was ratted and pinned in a bun. Okay, okay it was probably kind of messy. But really though, thats not even clever come on guys. 
That moment of complete embarrassment will forever stick with me. I still cringe at the thought of those hockey guys laughing at me. 
What I'm trying to say is, man don't be so mean to the weirdos in school. I'm 27 and that still sticks with me. Don't be the bully. It's not cool. Okkkkk bye ✌️

Comments

  1. Unfortunately, it is an all too common feeling. I remember it well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts