Positive Polly

                             
                                     Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.
                                                                           -Helen Keller

       Why is everyone so negative? I say this at work non stop. I get sucked in, I forget that its contagious. You know what's also contagious? Positivity! That shit can spread like wildfire. Restart the day, wake up with a smile, watch the sunrise and remember everything that you DO have.
       I am grateful, I am healthy, I have a job, I have a house, a car, a child. I have life in my eyes. Don't dwell on the bad things. I tell myself this over and over. Don't get stuck there. It's okay to acknowledge those things and digest them. But, then leave it behind. I have so much to be grateful for. I'm sitting in my living room, in my big comfy chair with my feet up on the ottoman. Coffee in one hand and and my vape pen in the other. My two vices that I still hang on to. The sun is shining in through the window, Christmas cartoons playing on the TV and Kingston is inspecting his cars. The Christmas tree is up and there's food in our bellies. Nick turns the heat up to a ridiculous temperature so it's pretty much summer in our house. I used to shoot up heroin in a dirty gas station bathroom and then wander aimlessly around town freezing cold, because I had nothing or no one. I'd say I'm doing pretty damn good now.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts