Misery loves company, and I'm not that company anymore




Have you ever had that moment when you realize your life will never be the same?
That moment of complete vulnerability and fear. That moment of not knowing what will be. That moment of realization that you've been living under a dark cloud.
That dark cloud lifted and everything fell into place, no fears, no worries, no more walking on eggshells. I always thought that being alone was the worst possible thing. Codependent to the core, a fixer, afraid of change. I become comfortable in misery. I forget what really matters in life.
Living with a tornado isn't possible, it will destroy everything and suck you in. I hung on for dear life. I made it out. I'm not a victim, fuck that word. I'm a good person that wants to have hope for everything and everybody. I want to believe that everyone can change.
 Holly Whitaker says KNOW WHAT YOU CANNOT FUCK WITH
 I'm not willing to give up my peace and happiness to help someone else. I am free now. I felt like I was in a dream for a few days after, maybe it was shock, maybe it was grieving. I'm not sure but when I woke up this morning I felt ease, I felt proud, I felt in control of my life. Nobody can dull my shine girl. My best friend told me she was proud of me and you know what? I'm pretty fucking proud of me too.
I wasn't aware that I was in an unhealthy relationship. I knew it wasn't the best, but I had hope. And I turned my head to things I shouldn't have. Ignorance is bliss right? I pretended I didn't see things, I pretended I wasn't aware of what was going on. I knew deep down it needed to change but I didn't have the courage to do anything. So I sat back and watched, observed too much. Slumped into depression. Forgot who I was. That relationship drained the fucking life out of me.
So I tried to get out, I knew it needed to end. But trying isn't doing. It's doing or not doing. December 10th 2018 I got out. That will always be an important date for me. Because I got the courage and I fucking did it. I fucking did what I had to do for myself, for my happiness, for my life, for my child. No more trying. No more not doing. No more sitting back. I am in charge of my life, I am in charge of what matters to me, nobody can tell me that my credit score is more important than my happiness. Nobody can tell me that I need to sacrifice my job and my life so that they can attempt to make themselves feel better. Nobody can tell me that I'm stupid and that I don't understand what being an adult is. Money does not bring happiness, material things do not bring happiness. I am free to be who I want to be now and I am so fucking excited for this new chapter. I made it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts